Business Development Associate
Compensation: $75,680.00 - $130,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Agile Practitioners has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Associate to join our team in McLean, VA. The ideal Federal BD Executive will have experience in business development and capture management. Create Federal Civilian Agency business development strategies and define and execute capture plans for identified opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed; meet the education and work experience required; and must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Other duties, in addition to the below, may be assigned as necessary to meet business needs.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- US Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience within a professional organization focused on proposals and business development.
- Experience with playing a leading role on formal proposal submission.
- Experience with industry and networks of relationships across businesses of varying sizes.
- Experience with presenting to senior leadership and working within a diverse team.
- Experience with identifying and capturing small to mid-size opportunities.
- Verifiable, existing customer relationships within civilian agencies.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Team Player capable of working within a collaborative environment. Self-starter who exhibits attention to detail and expert organization skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to write and speak compelling proposal-quality prose and a demonstrated history of winning new work/closing deals.
- Fully capable of using MS 365 Office Suite Tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong customer service/client facing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to stay calm under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to keep objectives and goals firmly in sight.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Business Travel, as needed up to 30% is expected.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop new business opportunities and grow existing business with Federal Civilian Agencies.
- Develop and grow relationships with clients and seek client meetings to understand the requirements and increase awareness of companies capabilities.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of qualified opportunities and develop detailed analysis of new opportunities.
- Develop capture strategy and assist the proposal team in guiding through the capture and proposal process to produce high quality winning proposals.
- Establish credibility with client executives and key decision-makers through understanding of their needs and leveraging our services and solutions.
- Build and maintain client relationships to identify and shape client requirements.
- Represents company in trade shows, events, and conferences and increase networking with clients and key partners.
- Experience with conducting gate (bid/no-bid) reviews.
- Experience analyzing IDIQ/BPA Task Orders
- Experience using CRM Tools such as GovWin IQ, BGOV
- Research experience with BETA.SAM.GOV, USASPENDING.GOV, DATA.GOV, etc
With offices across the country, Our client offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, productive work environment. Benefits include employer-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance options; gym/wellness reimbursement; 401(k) matching; 501 (c)(3) donation matching; paid holidays, and generous paid time off; training reimbursement; and an Employee Assistant Program.
Agile Practitioners , LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or genetics. Agile Practitioners does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...