Principal Product Manager - AWS AppConfig
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Principal Product Manager to be part of the Arlington HQ2 based AWS AppConfig team. AWS AppConfig is a brand new product that is changing the way customers think about configuration and code.
It all started a few years back when we identified a need to make configuration changes faster than traditional code deployments, but with the same operational scrutiny as code changes. So, we built a tool to address this need and now most teams across AWS, Amazon.com, Kindle and Alexa use this configuration deployment system to perform changes dynamically in seconds, rather than minutes. A common question we receive from customers is how they can operate like us, so we decided to take this internal tool and launched AppConfig for customer use.
If you're excited by cloud computing, want to help lead from the innovative edge, like blazing trails with new products and love working with customers to solve their challenges, we want to talk to you!
As a Principal product manager, you will be a critical part of the organization that owns the business model and P&L, feature development and prioritization of the product roadmap, customer segmentation and pricing, and demand generation for impactful new products. You will work across engineering, business development, and marketing leads to set strategy, define the product, and make the difficult, high-judgment trade-offs between features and time-to-market. You will partner with the technical leaders of the organization to ensure the programming model, scalability and reliability promises, and developer experience delight our customers. As one of the team leaders, you will play a key role in hiring additional team members the team, and help set the vision, values, and culture of this business.
Further responsibilities include:
· Author documents relating to product life cycle including product roadmap, business requirements and functional specifications.
· Drive product development across teams (primarily Engineering, Operations, Product Management, Business Development, and Marketing) through business requirements, design, implementation, and deployment.
· Work collaboratively with Engineering as an advocate for the needs of our customers.
· Evaluate industry innovations and technology platforms and identify partnership and collaboration opportunities
What does it take to succeed in this role? Excitement in finding new ways to help a developer do things more efficiently or faster. A deep empathy for developer challenges, balanced with a strategic understanding of business objectives and be creative enough to help define what we build. Demonstrated experience leading developer facing platform efforts, and a strong technical background with familiarity with large scale systems. Someone with exceptional communication skills to manage the large degree of external interaction with customers and partners the role needs.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (computer science or engineering degree).
· 10+ years of demonstrated full-lifecycle ownership of product development, with cross team and cross discipline execution, either directly or as an organizational leader.
· MBA (highly Preferred)
· 5+ years experience delivering developer facing application development platforms or solution management solutions
· Experience in building and delivering large scale services in cloud based environments
· Experience in successfully bringing new developer facing products and services to market
· Demonstrated ability to work and deliver across team and cross discipline across business development, account management, operations, and engineering teams.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on communicating technical requirements and solutions to internal and external audiences.
· Knowledge of latest trends and best practices in cloud based application development and tooling
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
*Please email AWS Sourcing Recruiter, Scott Korkowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation,
Loading some great jobs for you...