Communications and Outreach Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Jacobs is seeking a Regional Communications and Outreach Manager in the DC area. Job Duties:
- Implements planned communications activities within a Jacobs region. Streamlines regional and company messages to both internal and external audiences. Supports the communication of Corporate-level initiatives. Reinforces and maintains the Jacobs Brand within the region.
- Work directly with, leadership, technology performers, national and international stakeholders to assess needs to plan, coordinate and conduct outreach around project milestones. Outreach can include media relations, materials development, speaking engagements, conference presence, association outreach, etc.
- Demonstrate thought leadership and serve as a thought partner on all program-related communications and outreach activities.
Create and review original content including:
- Draft and execute strategic communications strategies and plans
- Determine effective means (e.g., traditional vs nontraditional) for keeping internal and external stakeholders apprised of progress and results
- Blog posts and articles
- Social media messages (Facebook and Twitter)
- Fact sheets
- Provide support for conference attendance and other management efforts
- Maintain a calendar of strategic events for marketing and communication
Essential FunctionsPhysical Requirements
- Must have a bachelors degree and at least 8 years of experience
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.Work Environment
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.Attendance
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...