VP Government Affairs
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Join an innovative team that is responsible for evolving the customer experience by establishing globalized connectivity without boundaries. By reaching beyond the satellite industry to leverage the broader communications landscape, our vision will define the performance and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
This position at Company Corporation is responsible for supporting the development of Government Relations strategy, the building of relationships with individuals in Congress and the Administration and the implementation of policies that could influence the growth and competitiveness of Company.
Are you up to the challenge
- Develop and implement Company’s political engagement strategy with federal, state and local elected officials, as well as with domestic and international regulatory agencies and key policymakers (US and international).
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key government officials that can influence or impact Company business interests, including:
- US Congressional members
- US Administration staff
- Key US and international regulatory bodies
- European Commission
- Key international government officials
Work with internal customers (Sales, Engineering, Communications, Strategy and Planning, etc) to understand and forecast business needs in order to affirmatively develop a strategy for the government affairs agenda, allowing Company to proactively manage the political and regulatory environment as opposed to being reactiveIncrease visibility of Company and its business issues with government officials, both domestic and internationalParticipate in the internal development of key legislative/regulatory policy mattersManage Company’s PACCoordinate lobbying efforts on behalf of Company interestsCoordinate any testimony or written comments submitted by the Company or internal customers to industry associations regarding legislative or regulatory activitiesAdvocate for Company and industry specific favorable results through lobbying, testifying and appearing before regulatory bodiesArticulate Company legislative priorities and influence key legislation affecting the satellite industryExpand and improve Company’s relationships with the Pentagon and relevant services to provide insight into major program funding and procurement policy decisionIdentify and influence new funded commercial satcom programsSupport Company’s participation in domestic and international industry associationsBuild relationships with individuals in other satellite industry companies, related corporations, and non-profit organizations to improve the business climate and influence competitiveness of the commercial satellite industry
You should definitely have:
- At least 7-10 years of experience dealing dealing with the US Congress and the legislative process
- Strong knowledge of DoD budgeting, acquisition and appropriation process
- Strong developed knowledge of the US and international space industry
- Must be a US citizen, with the ability to obtain Top Secret security clearance
What it’s like to work with us:
Company is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Company innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- Job requires ability to sit for long periods of time
Loading some great jobs for you...