Location: McLean, VA
Duration: 6 months
Writer & Content Strategist
The Public Relations department is seeking and accomplished writer with a passion for storytelling and creating compelling content for a variety of audiences.
Responsibilities in this role include writing long- and short-form content, supporting implementation of strategic digital campaigns and analyzing performance to inform future strategies.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communications skills and a firm understanding of the digital landscape.
This individual must be able to work independently and wear multiple hats to support a variety of projects.
- Write content for multiple channels and formats, including blogs, thought leadership articles, web and social content, talking points, video scripts, presentations, and more.
- Support planning, developing and implementing digital content strategies on a diverse range of topics to meet corporate and business objectives.
- Provide day-to-day support of web and content publishing and monitoring activities
- Assist with reporting on performance and presenting recommendations based on data insights
- Provide project management support to ensure all milestones and deadlines are met
- Assist with other weekly reporting activities and special projects as assigned
- Ensure work meets editorial, design and brand standards; strong knowledge of AP style.
- Ability to wear multiple hats, work independently, and drive projects forward.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of related experience
- College degree in a communications discipline or equivalent experience
- Impeccable written and verbal skills, expertise in both long- and short-form writing, and a passion for storytelling
- Strong understanding of digital content planning, creation, publishing monitoring and measurement methods and tools
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, take direction and work collaboratively
- Creative thinker who can connect the company’s objectives to compelling content in a variety of formats
- Ability to understand and translate complex subject matter for multiple audiences.
- Understanding of communications best practices and ability to apply them
- PR agency or journalism experience a plus
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong creative thinking, presentation, and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and flexible with the ability to multi-task and thrive under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about communications excellence
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...