Senior Director of Publishing and Content Strategy
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is a great place to work! IDSA has a highly competitive benefits package, generous paid vacation and sick leave, flexible scheduling and telecommuting program, is located blocks from the metro, and has a free gym onsite for all employees.
We are an innovative and dynamic professional association committed to the principles of inclusion, diversity, access and equity. We’ve experienced tremendous growth over the past several years and are excited to post this newly created position to support our Marketing, Communications and Membership function.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage professionals of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Our team embodies the following core values:
Member-Centric, Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork and Trust.
Responsible for the oversight and strategic development of IDSA’s scholarly journals portfolio, newsletters and blogs, driving and positively impacting content development and strategy while optimizing resources and maximizing revenues.
- Leads and manages journals editorial staff and editorial content strategy staff, building and cultivating a successful team of high-performers who demonstrate strong commitment. Ensures the department meets deadlines and monitors performance against long-range goals and targets.
- Partners with colleagues on the Marketing Communications and Membership team to ensure all member communication activities are consistent and integrated across the organization to deliver high quality, relevant and impactful content.
- Insightfully makes connections between publishing and digital content initiatives and IDSA’s other strategic programs and projects so that cohesive and consistent messaging appears in printed and digital material that represents IDSA’s initiatives, brand and commitment to inclusion, diversity, access and equity.
- Serves as staff liaison to the IDSA Publications Committee and journals editors in chief, partnering with them to drive digital strategy, report on and monitor performance metrics, including financial data and online usage, and problem-solve areas of weakness in order to achieve the overarching goal of improving member and customer engagement and experience.
- Manages journals and member communications budgets and resources, including workload, workflow and prioritization.
- Serves as key point of contact for IDSA’s journals publisher and partners with them on all strategic development, business and contractual issues.
- Writes, edits and copyedits a variety of IDSA communications, ranging from newsletters and blog copy to emails and web content.
- Proactively manages all publishing vendors and contractual relationships in a continuous effort to innovate, improve quality, streamline processes and deliver value.
- Investigates best practices in scholarly and digital publishing and keeps apprised of industry innovations, changes and opportunities that affect IDSA’s publications and communications efforts and impact performance.
- Positively contributes to meeting IDSA’s fiduciary goals and optimizing resources while generating publications and non-dues revenue.
- Experiments with new forms of content, delivery, technology, process, etc. to position IDSA as a leader in scholarly and digital publishing.
- Travel to annual conference and other occasional travel required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Loading some great jobs for you...