Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Lockheed Martin has been on the leading edge of Space and Defense Innovation for over 100 years. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the nation’s biggest challenges. Do you want to be part of a culture that encourages employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
If you are a hardworking, self-starter, eager to learn in a dynamic environment, come join our team as a Proposal Manager
within our Campaign Strategy & Operations Proposal Operations Team. You will use your expertise to build on the history and success of Lockheed Martin while building on your career achievements.
Operating in a team drive by strategic partnerships, deadlines, and wins, you will collaborate with our Capture Team. This role affords you the opportunity to work on programs that require a Top-Secret clearance with significant impacts on our Country’s National Strategic interests. This is a great opportunity for you to apply expert level writing skills to work as the volume author, readability reviewer, and serve as a mentor for authors assigned to proposals. You play a crucial role in translating themes and organizing teams into award success. We engage technical and executive experts to deliver the products and thrive on the idea of exciting new opportunities; pulling it all together and winning the opportunity for our team. You will take over partnership with the capture manager on new business paths to bring home the formal win which means you the key, visible player in Lockheed Martin’s future and space exploration.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we foster an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about our competitive and comprehensive benefits . Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 15 years or more of professional experience; or 13 years with a related Masters degree.
• Strong project management skills and the ability to deliver complex projects/proposals on time per customer defined due dates
• Willing to work extended hours as driven by proposal schedule demands
• Ability to travel as this position requires travel
• Experienced in writing and/or editing proposal sections
• Four years proposal experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead proposals of varying sizes
• Experienced in proposal Lead roles: Capture Manager, Proposal Manager, Volume Lead, Book Author, Cost Strategy SME and BOE SME
• US Citizenship is required. TS/SCI clearance required prior to start. Desired Skills:
• Detail oriented with the ability to ensure close compliance to RFP instructions and requirements
• Ability to lead multi-functional team (of non-direct reports)
• Ability to build team relationships and communicate well
• Over seven years proposal experience in federal contracting market
• Experienced in multiple proposal types: competitive, sole source, Final Proposal Revision (FPR), EN cycle and follow-on
• Corporate trained to create Value Propositions
• Black Belt Trained
• Led proposals with value over $500M
• Led proposals of team size greater than 75
• Experience in tailoring and delivery proposal-related training to proposal teams
• Has ability to participate and contribute to capture strategy
• Experienced in managing individual volumes for a larger proposal team
Loading some great jobs for you...