Technical Writer (Senior)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
We are seeking a motivated and customer oriented Remote Technical Writer to join our team working from home to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Remote/Virtual work (on site work required on a 'needs' basis).
The candidate will work within a US government contract to support a Cloud based SaaS Acquisition management system that is on the forefront of modern Agile best practices.
As a Technical Writer, you will support development of the required documentation and deliverables to assist the Program Manager, staff members, and subcontractors to meet the requirements of the contract. The Technical Writer edits, proofreads and provides writing support on non-technical and/or technical documents in support of program goals and objectives. The Technical Writer maintains configuration management of in-process and completed deliverables in the deliverables' repository; and sets up and enforces documentation versions control.
The ideal Technical Writer will have prior experience in developing specifications, operating procedures, Application instructions, preventative maintenance procedures, policy documents, training material, and electronic document archiving. Have prior experience in updating and maintaining the project status with respect to deliverables submissions, schedules tasks and activities for deliverable development from start to completion. This position requires an individual who can work independently with minimal supervision to prepare all aspects of detailed technical documents as well as other assigned tasks.
· Document meeting minutes and notes to include discussion and action items.
· Enforce guidelines and standard procedures for producing documents, establishing documentation schedules, and serving as editing point for final documents.
· Team up with project and technical staff in the formulation, development, editing, and revising project documentation and deliverables for quality, relevancy, and accuracy.
· Collaborate with content owners and subject matter experts, illustrators, and other key individuals in coordinating/ preparing the edited draft. Interview subject matter experts and translate that information into compliant and compelling technical content.
· Responsible for creating documents from information provided by technical staff to ensure that documents are consistent with formats and standards.
· Ensure documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, style, clarity, and overall cohesiveness.
· Create and standardize project documentation templates; continuously improve the documentation development and review process throughout project execution.
· Apply “one-voice” within individual document-based deliverables and “common voice” across document-based deliverables for the entire scope of the program.
· Create and maintain the Knowledge management process and platform.
· Perform additional assignments as directed by the Project Manager.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen (or GC with 3years of continuous stay in US) and eligible to get Government Clearance.
· Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Media, Technology, or a related field coupled with 3+ years of experience as a Technical Writer in an Agile environment.
· Must have knowledge of MS Office applications, to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, desktop publishing, and SharePoint.
· Production and/or editing of implementation plans, process /methodology documents, monthly reports, technical user and administrator guides, training material, and other related documents.
· Strong verbal/written communication skills and facilitation skills to effectively lead discussions across multiple groups in fast-paced environment and deliver.
· Familiarity with various modes of written communication such as project management plans, training materials, status reports, and briefings.
· Ability to produce project related communications quickly, efficiently, and to a high standard.Nice to Have:
· Experience with Acquisition and Contract management systems.
· Experience with Atlassian toolset, including Jira and Confluence.
· Ability to operate in a multi-tasking, matrixed, and fast-paced environment.
· Knowledgeable of system/software engineering principles.
· Experience working with upper management on presentations and reporting.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Loading some great jobs for you...