Proposal Manager - Tysons, VA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Veratech has a fulltime position opening for a Proposal Manager role in Tysons, Virginia.
Our client is a leader in Building Intelligence in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises. The company employs more than 3,000 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe, and the Middle East.
They offer an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary, Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, Paid-time off, Tuition reimbursement, 401k Retirement Plan, Military Reserve pay offset and Paid maternity leave.
This position offers the career-minded individual the opportunity to be a team leader, supporting high profile proposals across multiple operating divisions and disciplines throughout the company.
- Prepare and manage proposals from initial request to final proposal submission and close-out
- Review and analyze solicitation materials and ensure proposal compliance and responsiveness to client requirements and issues
- Develop proposal artifacts including proposal plan, compliance matrices, outlines, storyboards, schedules, data calls, page allocation, themes, discriminators, etc.
- Work with the capture manager to lead all critical milestones in the proposal process including kickoff, color reviews and working group meetings
- Write compelling executive summaries, past performance write-ups, resumes, and other proposal elements.
- Write and edit proposal content, and collaborate with the design team to develop graphics, tables and charts
- Demonstrate dedication to leading and supporting proposal response to completion
- Monitor and measure proposal progress and completion status
- Coordinate and participate in final proposal production activities
- Perform Peer Reviews and contribute to the process of continual improvement within the department
- Mentor junior level proposal staff
- Maintain the proposal knowledge management database
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Five (5) or more year's hands-on proposal management experience with federal government proposals
- In-depth knowledge of how to analyze a solicitation and structure a proposal to be compliant, responsive, and competitive
- Understanding of the Government contracting and procurement process and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Understanding of Shipley Business Development Lifecycle process
- Ability to motivate and energize a team to produce a winning proposal
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of people who possess a variety of skills, experience, and personalities
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent time management, organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competency in MS SharePoint, GovWin, Salesforce, and Adobe CS is a plus
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.
Loading some great jobs for you...